Entering the U.S. Via a Land Border
Below are the steps required to enter the U.S. for fully vaccinated Americans andCanadians via a land border.
- Proof of being fully vaccinated (you are considered fully vaccinated 2+ weeks after you have received your 2nd dose)
- Passport, Enhanced License or NEXUS
Entering Canada Via a Land Border
All federal border testing, quarantine, and isolation requirements ended on October 1, 2022!
Travel Tips & Helpful Links for Canadian Visitors
For the many Canadians enjoying the convenience of "Montréal's U.S. Airport," we've compiled some helpful tips and links to help you the next time you fly from Plattsburgh International Airport.
- The speed limit on most major highways is 55 MPH
- The speed limit on I-87 is 65 MPH
- The speed limit in school zones is 20 MPH
- Cell phone use while driving is not permitted
- Turning right on a red light is permitted unless otherwise noted
- Headlights must be on while operating windshield wipers
Dining & Shopping
- Generally the gratuity is not included with your bill
- Tips for wait staff are customarily 15-20%
- Clinton County sales tax is 8%
- There is no smoking in public areas or buildings